lundi 21 mai 2007

Repairing Linux Hard disk

clipped from www.linux-watch.com
My Great Linux System Repair Adventure
For simple file problems, ReiserFS restores the file system by replaying its transaction log journal. That's as it should be. The whole point of a journaling file system is that you can replay disk writes when something goes wrong.
So, now I pulled out my freshly burned copy of SystemRescueCd 0.35. SystemRescueCd, if you've never met it, is the best single CD bootable system repair disk I know.
Now, playing tricks with RAM is a subject unto itself. For more on that subject, visit sites like Extreme Tech and Tom's Hardware and look for stories on overclocking.
Oh, and a final note: SystemRescueCD can also work the same magic on your Windows systems. I can't recommend this mini-distribution enough for anyone who might face repairing any Unix, Linux, or Windows-based computer.
 blog it

Aucun commentaire: